The practice offers a wide range of services which you can read about below
Childhood and Teenage Mental Health
If you are worried about your child’s mental health please visit your GP, who will be able to offer a range of support to help both you and your child. There are a range of talking therapies which are highly effective in dealing with both short term and long term depression, for more information on these therapies please view the NHS Talking Therapy Guide.
One of the most important things that a parent can do for their child is to make sure that they have all their routine childhood vaccinations. It’s the most effective way of keeping them protected against infectious diseases.
Ideally, children should have their jabs at the right age to protect them as early as possible and minimise the risk of infection.
Find out which jabs your child needs, when they need them, and what the benefits of each jab are.
Our family planning clinics offer free, confidential advice and information about contraception and sexual health.
We provide a range of services including:
- Confidential advice about contraception
- The combined oral contraceptive pill
- The Progestogen-only pill
- Progestogen injections
- Limited supplies of free condoms
- Free emergency contraception
- Confidential advice about STIs
- Cervical screening
- Unplanned pregnancy advice
- Free pregnancy tests
- Pre-conception advice and fertility awareness information
- Fitting and checking of caps, diaphragms, and coils (intrauterine devices, or IUDs)
Please book an appointment (through reception or via our online services) with your GP to discuss any of the above in more detail.
We offer ‘at risk’ groups the flu vaccine at a certain time each year to protect you against the flu virus.
You may be invited for a flu jab if you are:
- over 65 years of age
- a serious heart or chest complaint, including asthma
- serious kidney disease
- lowered immunity due to disease or treatment such as steroid medication or cancer treatment
- if you have ever had a stroke
If you have any queries please contact the surgery.
Managing Chronic Diseases
We hold clinics for:
- Chronic Heart Disease
- Heart attacks
- Heart failure
- Respiratory - Asthma and COPD Clinics
Some newborn babies are released from hospital without a detailed examination. If this is the case, our GPs are happy to perform the relevant checks, either in the surgery, or in comfort of your own home, depending on which is easier for you.
In most cases, the Practice will contact new mums to arrange for this to happen, on rare occasions where we are unaware of the birth, please feel free to give us a call and arrange an appointment or visit.
NHS Health Checks
Everyone is at risk of developing heart disease, stroke, diabetes, kidney disease and some forms of dementia. The good news is that these conditions can often be prevented – even if you have a history of them in your family. Have your free NHS Health Check and you will be better prepared for the future and be able to take steps to maintain or improve your health.
Visit NHS – Health Checks for further information.
If you are planning to have a baby or you need to know more information about how to look after yourself and your unborn baby, please book an appointment with your GP.
We can provide you with all the information you need to know to have a happy and healthy pregnancy.
Find more information on the NHS website
A range of sexual health services are offered at the surgery including:
- Contraception and contraception advice
- Emergency contraception and emergency contraception advice
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs), such as chlamydia, syphilis, gonorrhoea and genital warts
- Testing and counselling for HIV and AIDS
- Chlamydia Screening
If you need advice and support with a sexual health matter or you think you have a problem you would like to discuss, please call the surgery to make an appointment with your GP.
Sexual health services are freely available for everyone.
If you’re trying to give up smoking, we can help. Studies show that your chances of success will be greatly improved if you get advice and support from health care professionals to help you stop smoking and if you don’t pay for your prescriptions then giving up is free.
The services we offer from the Practice can:
- Boost your willpower to stop smoking
- Concentrate your efforts by getting advice from someone who knows your medical background
- Help you feel that you’re not doing it alone
- Help you to cope when you are tempted to smoke
- Monitor improvements to your health so that you can see the benefits
Please call the surgery to arrange an appointment with our smoking cessation advisors.
If you would like to know more about weight and diet advice, we offer a weight management clinic giving you advice on how to lose weight and stay healthy.
A range of options are available to support people with weight loss. To understand which of them may be the best fit for you please arrange an appointment with your GP who will be happy to discuss them with you.
One suitable option may be our Health Trainers who offer 1:1 sessions for people wanting to improve their health and change their behaviour. They can support individuals with healthy eating, weight management and getting physically active.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.